Yoga is the best way to connect with your inner soul. It rejuvenates your mind and body in a holistic way. There is an array of Yoga Programs designed to suit the need of every individual. Considering the modern day lifestyle, most people are suffering from obesity. One can set a goal to lose weight with two simple steps- the first one is to eat healthy food that is rich in nutrition and the second one is to use the science of Yoga. Besides a healthy diet, yoga training from a trained yoga instructor at Shiv Holistic Yoga will help you loss excess weight and give you the desired results.
Yoga is ideal for those who are busy and yet want to stay fit. A particular set of yoga asanas is really effective for weight loss, especially the Surya Namaskar. It not only enables you to lose weight but also helps to relax the muscles. At Shiv Holistic Yoga, there is a dedicated yoga program specially designed for weight loss. Our expert trainers guide you through each and every asana meant for losing weight. Go flab to fab with our yoga for weight loss program.
Yoga is comparatively much better than conventional exercises for weight loss as it removes the underlying reasons for obesity in the following manner
- Regular practice of yoga is an ideal exercise for everybody to obtain a well proportioned body & helps to maintain discipline in life.
- Yoga helps you control your mind, strengthen your will power for weight loss & restraint in eating/ drinking/ sleeping.
- Regular practice of yoga helps proper functioning of endocrine glands, fine tunes your metabolism, strengthens the muscles & also improves blood circulation.
YOGA: The Perfect Way of Weight Reduction
Yoga works wonders to reduce stomach fat like no other. Stretch and straighten spine. Tighten your stomach muscles and hold. The strain on stomach muscles burns most calories at the right place.
Yoga is the best way of weight reduction because it has no side effects on body. Proportionate body weight in accordance to height and lifestyle. The mechanism of Yoga in body is simple yet extremely effective. It acts on the metabolism of body as well as on fat cells. The deep breathing in Yoga increases the oxygen intake to the cells of body, including the fat cells which burn in contact of oxygen. Apart from this yoga makes one overcome from anxiety which is the major reason for overeating. Some of the Yoga asana also helps in weight control through stimulating lethargic thyroid glands for increasing their hormonal secretions, thus reducing weight.
Weight Reduction through Yoga
What to do
- There are various Yoga asana like Paschimottanasana, Bhujangasana, Halasana, Dhanurasana, Veerasana, Trikonasana, Ardha Matsyendrasana which are specially meant for weight reduction.
- Incase of a thyroid patient and you have abnormally gained weight. One can must go for Sarvangasana and Matasyasana for checking on the hormonal secretion of thyroid gland
- Regular Yoga asana done with Sun salutation (Surya Namaskar) is also very helpful in weight reduction.
- Practicing Pranayamas for like Kapalabhatti, Anuloma-Viloma and Bhastrika not only help in weight reduction but equally helps in achieving a better muscle tone and endurance.
- Kriyas for cleaning the body namely Vaman Dhauti, and Shanka
Apart from promoting Weight Loss, Yoga offer an Extra Benefits as follows
- A strong liver- A powerful detoxification agent and cleanser, the liver aids the expulsion of bad fats from the body. Yoga has the power to restore the vitality and functioning of the liver, thereby driving away problems associated with a weak liver.
- An active thyroid gland- The thyroid gland is directly linked to the body’s metabolism. Yoga can help in proper thyroid functioning to some extent.
- The right pH- Years of consumption of processed foods wrecks the digestive system, & creates an acidic environment, which is extremely harmful for the body, especially the heart. Regular yoga, however, could help you balance your body’s pH better, and some postures are known to increase alkalinity of the body too!
- A colon cleanses- A bloated belly and frequent digestive problems could be a sign of a blocked colon. While colon irrigation and other treatments do work, yoga could be the most natural and less invasive option.
Additional tips for Weight Loss
- Maintain the habit of 30 minutes of Yoga Poses every day & also include 20 minutes of rapid brisk walking.
- One can maintain a diet of not more than 1500 calories per day
- Avoid fried, oily food, fast food, junk food and processed food.
- Cooking habits and diet are very difficult to change.
- Do exercise and lead a normal life.
- Take fruits and vegetables as they have only few calories and easy to digest.
- Take low calorie meals every two hours, 5 to 6 times a day.
Personal Yoga Trainer for Weight Loss
- Duration – 3 to 4 days in a week
- Fees – INR 7000/- per month onwards
- Area-covered – South-Mumbai, Mumbai-Suburbs, Navi Mumbai & Thane
- Company background – 20 years of proven track record
- “ISO Certified Institute”
2. Teacher’s Background
All personal trainers are qualified, experienced & groomed by yogi Shiv Kumar Mishra. All yoga programs for students are designed only by Senior & Expert trainers from the institute.
3. Contents of Yoga
We provide, customize yoga program to every student. We usually include Suryanamaskar, asana, pranayam, Meditation, relaxation, Kriya & Chanting as per requirement & assessment of student.
We teach authentic & traditional yoga, in scientific manner. We recommend yoga program as per age, health- status and expectation of students. Contact Us
Yoga asanas for Weight Loss
Starting position – Take standing position legs together. Hands by side of body. Body straight in one line.
Starting to final position – Now slowly bend, right leg, take right heel near your hips. Hold right ankle with right hand. Raise left hand front side, level to shoulder. Now slowly Lean forward with standing on left leg & try to spread your right leg, right ankle is hold by right hand continuously maintain in final position.
Final position – Breathing should be normal, eyes open, spread right leg maximum. Don’t release right ankle, left leg will be straight on floor.
Return – Come back in reverse sequence, repeat same with other side.
Starting position – Lie down on your stomach hands by side of body. Chin on floor.
Starting to Final Position – Now Bend both hands keep both wrist & elbow on floor near & parallel to chest keep one feet distance between legs. Raise heel & put toes on floor now slowly lift whole body except toes & wrist. Thighs hips & back level are same. Look front side in final position, breathing normal, eyes open, knee straight, level of legs & back should be same, come back in reverse sequence.
Starting Position – Legs together, hands by side of body.
Starting to final position – Take both legs 90 slowly raise buttocks & hips & take both toes above head & slowly touch floor behind head.
Final Position – Take both toe maximum away from head Leg straight, hand position either by side of body straight or palm near hips to support.
Return – In reverse sequence come back.